This course is taught in English.
The NBN is now organizing classroom hybrid training courses. So you can choose to take it online or come to our offices.
Practically, therefore, some things are changing:
- The training days are split into 2 days
- We will be working in MS Teams. We ask that you always activate your camera to promote interactivity. Turn on your microphone only when you want to say something, to minimize background noise.
- Do you have a colleague who would also like to take the training? He/she can definitely still join!
- A sandwich lunch will be provided for participants attending the classroom training course
- Below is an overview of training times:
- 14/03/2023 - 09:00 - 17:00
- 15/03/2023 - 09:00 - 15:00
NBN training to become an expert
Master standardization procedures and learn how to write a good standard, from A to Z. The NBN hosts three sessions a year: March, June and October.
Register as an expert
Purpose of this training:
- You will learn all about standards and the standardization context in Belgium.
- You will be introduced to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the European Committee for Standardization (CEN).
- You will discover all about the development of international, European and national standards.
- You understand the importance of harmonized standards.
- You'll get lots of tips for writing a good standard.
Program Part 1: standardization in Belgium
Introduction to standardization in Belgium
- What are standards?
- Standardization in Belgium
- Why participate?
- Standards and legislation
- Rules and principles of the Belgian commission
- Development of international, European and national standards
- International, European and national work rules
Online platforms and tools for voting
- Giving feedback
Creating rules for users of standards
- Intellectual property and copyright
- Structure and main elements of a standard
Program part 2: designing rules
- What does a standard include?
- What are the basic principles for creating a standard?
- What rules do CEN and ISO have for drafting a standard?
- Does the NBN have specific rules?
- How do you use the templates?
- Do I have to pay to participate in the training(s)?
Participation is free of charge. If you choose to attend the classical training, if you cancel less than 48 working hours before the session, we will invoice you 75 euros (excluding 21% VAT) to cover the costs incurred. You are not an expert? Even then you can take the training. Click here to become an expert.
- Are trainings repeated?
Yes, we organize the same training(s) 3 times a year. Would you like to be informed about the agenda? Let us know via email.
- Is the number of places limited?
Yes, there is a limited number of places. So registering quickly is the message.
- Where are the trainings taking place?
Currently, classroom hybrid trainings!!!
- What language are the courses taught in?
The slides are in English. The presentations are also currently only given in English!!!
- Will I receive the presentations?
Yes, prior to the training you will receive an email with the presentations.
Want to know more?
Contact us if you have any further questions.
NBN Learning Solutions helps organizations understand and apply standards. We provide both open and in-company training around management standards. View specific terms here.